16/11/23: sessió FediNGI

A can Next Generation faran una sessió sobre la Fedi:
Decentralised Social Media and Fediverse plenary

The Next Generation Internet (NGI) initiative supports open, interoperable, decentralised and trust-based internet applications through several ‘Fediverse’ projects. The Fediverse consists of a set of open protocols and independent, interoperable social media platforms, which provide the users with an alternative to the traditional, centralised social media platforms. It has grown significantly over the past 2 years but it still does not enjoy a critical mass comparable to such well-established platforms.

The session will explore what advantages the Fediverse can count on to grow as well as possible hurdles that need to be overcome to achieve its full potential. Experts in the panel, including by presenting some successful projects, will discuss how decentralised social media are different from the centralised ones, why the underlying features – such as increased users’ privacy and empowerment – increasingly fit the needs of people, and what would be needed for a further uptake.

Si algú ho vol traduir al català, endavant. Ara mateix em fa pal. Si de cas, un altre dia. Només era per deixar-ne constància. A mi em ratlla el tema perquè només financen programari i, al menys a mi, a can NLnet em van ignorar quan els vaig demanar suport per finançar un FediLlibret més complet per temes de divulgació. En fi, batalletes frustrants…

2 'M'agrada'

Aquí el meu intent de traducció al català, espero que sigui mitjanament llegible però crec que no m’hauria d’haver posat a traduir a aquestes hores :sweat_smile: . Si més no espero que serveixi per fer-se una idea del que diu o de base per millorar la traducció.

The Next Generation Internet (NGI) initiative supports open, interoperable, decentralised and trust-based internet applications through several ‘Fediverse’ projects. The Fediverse consists of a set of open protocols and independent, interoperable social media platforms, which provide the users with an alternative to the traditional, centralised social media platforms. It has grown significantly over the past 2 years but it still does not enjoy a critical mass comparable to such well-established platforms.

La iniciativa Next Generation Internet (NGI) dóna suport aplicacions d’internet obertes, interoperables, descentralitzades i basades en la confiança a través de diferents projectes Fediversals. La Fediverse és un conjunt de protocols oberts i xarxes socials independents i interoperables, que proporcionen a les seves usuàries una alternativa a les xarxes socials tradicionals centralitzades. La Fediverse ha crescut de forma significant en els darrers 2 anys però encara no té una massa crítica comparable a algunes de les xarxes socials centralitzades.

The session will explore what advantages the Fediverse can count on to grow as well as possible hurdles that need to be overcome to achieve its full potential. Experts in the panel, including by presenting some successful projects, will discuss how decentralised social media are different from the centralised ones, why the underlying features – such as increased users’ privacy and empowerment – increasingly fit the needs of people, and what would be needed for a further uptake.

La sessió explorarà quins són els avantatges que la Fediverse pot utilitzar tant per créixer com per afrontar els possibles entrebancs que s’hauran de superar per arribar al màxim potencial. Les expertes en el panell presentaran alguns dels projectes exitosos, debatran les diferències entre les xarxes socials descentralitzades i les centralitzades, parlaran sobre com algunes de les característiques subjacents (com ara més privacitat i empoderament de les usuàries) s’adapten millor a les necessitats de la gent, i comentaran què seria necessari per a una major acceptació.

1 'M'agrada'